Feb 16, 2007

Scarlett Johansson IS the Woman of the Year

Scarlett Johansson was named Harvard’s Woman of the Year for a “lasting and impressive contribution to the world of entertainment” by Hasty Pudding Theatricals, the US’s oldest undergraduate drama troupe. Well, I am not sure how much she contributed but with all that fuss around her, Scarlett really deserves it. However I would call the award The Women We Hear Most Of The Year award.

Scarlett was given a golden pudding pot, a tradition that dates to 1795 when 21 Harvard students pledged that each member of their new club would, in alphabetical order, provide "a pot of hasty pudding" for every meeting. Ms Johansson looked really excited:

Thank you so much for this fabulous golden pot. It’s been such a wonderful day. This is the closest I’ll ever get to a Harvard degree for sure. Everything I ever dreamed of when I was a little girl is happening to me right now."

Ben Stiller will be honoured Harvard’s Hasty Pudding Man of the Year next week on February 23.

Previous winners include Richard Gere, Julia Roberts, Katharine Hepburn, Robert DeNiro, Dustin Hoffman, Richard Dreyfuss and Alan Alda.

No comments: