Jan 31, 2007

"Because I Said So" Premiere

Mandy Moore, Diane Keaton and Piper Perabo were shining at there new film "Because I Said So" Premiere. The film is about a too caring mother (Diane Keaton) of three daughters: stable psychologist Maggie (Lauren Graham), sexy and irreverent Mae (Piper Perabo) and insecure, adorable Milly (Mandy Moore).

Mandy said it was fun working with so many interesting young women:

I think it was nice having Lauren [Graham] and Piper [Perabo] there a lot because all girls, we just wanted to be gossipy and talk about shopping and clothes and boys and all that stuff."

And on underwear scenes:

Piper was fine. She was the one I think right off the bat that was like, 'Yeah, all right, I'll be in a thong. I don't care.' Lauren and I were petrified and kept going back and forth between, ‘Should we have body doubles? Should we do it ourselves?’ I'm super self-conscious and what girl really feels comfortable about being on a gigantic movie screen with her butt there? Just everything is in full view. But in the end, we all decided just to dive right in and go for it. Why not? I'm embarrassed of it but yeah, it's over".

While being busy at Sundance Festival and premiering her movies, Mandy Moore also finds time for her "little hobbies" like writing songs and poems.

Here is Mandy Moore's latest lyrics called "Extraordinary":

I was a bay tree
Quiet and unseen

I lived in stories but inside I kept a mystery
I was a starling
Nobody’s darling
Flying in perfect circles
Desperate company

[Chorus]
And now I’m ready
And now I’m ready
And now I’m ready to be
Extraordinary

A midnight airplane
A window blowing
I know I am another sparkle in the sky
I shine on copper
Still undiscovered
But you must see me in the corner of your eye

(Chorus)

Waking up to wake up some day
I am my own prey
Stopping off at a sidewalk cafe
The wind is playing up in the trees
Kicking up confetti leaves
Sings as if it’s all to say

(Chorus x2)

Mandy Moore comments on her lyrics:

There are times when everyone hits a point of wanting and knowing they can go beyond what they deem their limits to be. Personally, it took me a while to come to this conclusion and it was quite a bold move for me to make. I consider myself to be pretty shy and have trouble expressing myself in certain situations, so writing this song is one of the most honest, humble things I have ever done and said in my life. To anyone. It felt as good to sing it as it did to write it.”












No comments: